- It is prohibited to enter and exit the motorway without using the fee collectors (Automatic Passage without Tolls and Tollgates). As the fences, walls etc. near the motorway expropriation borders are established to prevent such exits, it is prohibited to open up, demolish, cut and otherwise destroy such constructions.
- Pedestrians, animals, rubber-tired tractors, construction equipments and bicycles are forbidden to enter the motorway.
- Minimum speed on the motorway is 40 km/h and maximum speed is 120 km/h,except the limits allowed by geometric standard and indicated in traffic signs.
- It is forbidden to stop, park, make turns and go backwards on the motorway. In cases necessary, cars may stop on the emergency stopping lane on the right lane, without posing danger in traffic.
- Vehicles with hazardous and chemical loads are forbidden to enter the motorway without stopping at “Chemical Substance Check Points” located before the YSS bridge on the European side (76+400th km) and before K3 Riva intersection on the Asian side (97+500th km) right before the K9 Uskumruköy intersection.
- Those who don’t respect the motorway rules and owners of the animals that enter the motorway will be subject to administrative penalty according to Law on Organization and Duties of General Directorate of Highways no.6001; and those who pollute the environment will be subject to same penalty according to the Environment Law no.2872.